Children playing outside
print header

Schools & Child Care

Where to Get Help

If you require immediate support for a student in crisis: 

Call 911, or assist the student to connect with internal school board supports, and/or local mental health crisis services:

  • Simcoe County Mental Health Crisis: 705-728-5044 or 1-888-893-8333
  • Muskoka Crisis: 1-844-287-9072
  • Bradford Crisis: 1-888-310-COPE
  • Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 or text 686868 or visit
    • RiseUp, powered by Kids Help Phone, offers free 24/7 support to Black youth across Canada.
    • Contact Kids Help Phone, Text RISE to 686868, or access live chat counselling.

Community Supports and Services:

A wide range of community service providers exist locally, offering services to support health and well-being of school staff, students and families. Click on the links below to find out about the services available in your local community.

Additional Ontario and Canadian based supports include:

If you require help searching for services, dial 2-1-1 or 1-866-743-7818.

Many community partners also offer supports and services at a school or classroom level. We encourage you to connect with local community partners to assist with school health and well-being initiatives.

Did you find what you were looking for today?
What did you like about this page?
How can we improve this page?

If you have any questions or concerns that require a response, please contact Health Connection directly.

Thanks for your feedback.
Failed to submit comment. Please try submitting again or contact us at the Health Unit.
Comment already submitted ...