National Ambulatory Care Reporting System (NACRS)
The National Ambulatory Care Reporting System (NACRS) contains data for all hospital-based and community-based ambulatory care (day surgery, outpatient and community-based clinics, emergency departments). Information on client visits is collected at the time of service in participating facilities.
Canadian Institute of Health Information distributed by Ontario Ministry of Health: IntelliHealth Ontario
- Data are collected based on location of hospital but are generally analyzed by the residence of the patient for health status purposes.
- Client visit data is collected at time of service in participating facilities.
- Unique visits NOT unique individuals are reported.
- Data are influenced by factors that are unrelated to health status such as availability and accessibility of care, and administrative policies and procedures. This may influence comparisons between areas and over time.
- Injury-related hospitalizations are counted using NACRS not DAD. These visits are counted based on the disposition of the visit being coded as admitted to the treating hospital or transferred to another hospital for admission.
Data Used in the Following Dashboards: