At the end of 2012 the Staying Independent Falls Prevention Coalition became the Simcoe Muskoka Integrated Fall Strategy. We have made this transformation to better service the older adult population in our region. We are integrating the service delivery and information systems that are accessed for healthy aging and fall prevention.This strategy will continue with past coalition events and programs such as:
- Host annual educational event for health care providers
- Maintain our electronic inventory of fall prevention programs, services and resources for older adults and health care providers within Simcoe County and the District of Muskoka - launched October 14, 2009 www.fallspreventioninfo.ca.
We plan to build on these efforts by focusing on achieving equity in health through:
- Leveraging the provincial fall prevention work within Simcoe County and the District of Muskoka
- Increasing knowledge and awareness to the general population about the risk and impact falls can have on quality of life
- To develop, implement and sustain a strategic focus on reduction of risk and incidence of falls through all stakeholders in Simcoe and Muskoka
- To ensure a consistent, collaborative and integrated approach to falls, from the primary prevention, rehabilitation, secondary prevention levels through to tertiary levels of service on the continuum of care
- To decrease the financial impact of falls in the health care system through decreased emergency visits related to falls
- Consistent and practical data collection
Who We Are
Are You Interested in Becoming a Member?
If you want to become a member or you have some questions, please contact us.