Thinking About Quitting?
Check out these free community Quit Supports:
- STOP Workshops with Free NRT - A 3-hour workshop being held across the region. The next sessions will begin shortly. Check back for times and dates.
- Match - Prescription Medicine Support - The Match Study (Medication Aids for Tobacco Cessation and Health) is a new study being offered through the Nicotine Dependence Clinic at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) with free prescription drug support for eligible participants. Visit www.matchstudy.ca for details.
- Young Adults - Order FREE NRT online if you are between the ages of 18-29. The free nicotine patches and gum are available through Leave The Pack Behind.
- Free Quitting App for your mobile device can help you Break It Off.
- Quit Coaching and Counselling - For one-to-one telephone support to help you in your quit attempt, contact Smokers' Helpline toll free at 1-877-513-5333.
Ready to Try to Quit? - Quitting smoking is the single best thing you can do to protect your health and it will put money back in your pocket. Ready to give it a try?
Benefits of Quitting - If you stop smoking before the onset of irreversible heart and circulatory disease, your body will begin to repair itself. Repair begins almost immediately.
Plan for Success - If you are one of the thousands of Canadians who will try to quit smoking this year, having realistic expectations is important.
Products and Supports to Help - There are products, services, and self-help techniques that can help a smoker get through the inevitable tough times and kick the habit for good.
Tips to Prevent Weight Gain - Don't let the fear of gaining weight stop you from quitting smoking. With a little planning, you can keep your weight under control.
Healthy Weight Habits - Tips for healthy eating that support your quitting efforts.
Staying Tobacco Free at Work - It can be difficult to fight the urge to go out with co-workers when they head outside to light up. To help you avoid the temptation, follow these tips.
Calculate Savings When You Quit - Smokers' Helpline has created a calculator to show what you spend and save by quitting.
Page Last Modified: Monday, 23 June 2014.