You are graduating and are excited about attending PROM. It can be an important event in your high school experience – a night to celebrate the transition out of high school.
You may even have a date lined up or other plans with your friends. Have you considered all aspects of that night??
You may be caught up in the romance of the moment like many youth. Perhaps you have even been thinking about having sex to highlight prom night. In the air of excitement many teens make choices that they later regret. Don’t be one of them!!
- Take control of your sexual health – plan ahead
- Always negotiate safer sex – talk with your partner before engaging in sex
- Know your birth control options – find out what birth control method is right for you
- If you are already sexually active, get a sexually transmitted infection (STI) check-up before having sex with a new partner
- Always use condoms or barriers for all sexual activity to help protect against STIs
For more information contact the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit @ 705-721-7520 and ask for sexual health.
How’s your relationship? Try this Quiz