print header

What if I Move?

It is important to keep an up-to-date immunization records for all family members. Be sure to take all immunization records with you when moving to another city, province, or country. Immunization records may be required when registering for school, work or childcare.

As of 2014, Ontario health units use a provincial database system to store immunization records. If you are moving within Ontario, records may be available from your local public health unit. Health units only have a record of the immunizations reported to them from parents. Other vaccinations may have been given by a health care provider and not reported to the health unit.

Please check with any healthcare providers your family may have received vaccines from before you move to make sure you have a record of all vaccines given. Records are kept by health units as per local retention policies. Please note that older records may no longer be available. 

Did you find what you were looking for today?
What did you like about this page?
How can we improve this page?

If you have any questions or concerns that require a response, please contact Health Connection directly.

Thanks for your feedback.
Failed to submit comment. Please try submitting again or contact us at the Health Unit.
Comment already submitted ...