Visit the Provincial Program Changes for 2016/2017 School Year Here
Things to know about the SImcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU) program:
- SMDHU nurses will hold three clinics at each school during the 2016/2017 school year
- Dates of clinics are not advertised and may change
- If your child misses a school clinic, there are chances to complete the vaccine(s) missed either at another school clinic, or at the health unit public clinics
- Hepatitis B (HepB) and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine will be offered to all Grade 7 students at school clinics in the fall (dose 1) and in the spring (dose 2). Both vaccines require two doses for the best protection. Both vaccines are voluntary and not required under the law for school attendance.
If your child has received a Twinrix series (HepA/B combined), or HepB (3 dose series) as a baby, they do not need to get this vaccine
- A booster of HepB vaccine may be needed, if all of the baby doses (3) were not finished
- If you have dates of other HepB immunization your child received, please note them on the consent form and return it to the school before the clinic day.
Meningococcal Conjugate C-ACWY (Men-C-ACWY) Vaccine will be offered during a winter clinic at school.
One dose of Men-C-ACWY vaccine is needed
This vaccine is mandatory for children in Ontario to attend school
- All vaccines are free for Grade 7 students, if given by the health unit
Parent Letter: English French
Fact Sheets : HepB/MenACWY/HPV - English HepB/MenACWY/HPV - French
Consent: HepB/MenACWY/HPV - English HepB/MenACWY/HPV- French
Looking for more details? Ontario Ministry of Health Information