Healthy snacks include at least 2 of the 4 food groups from Canada’s Food Guide.
Check out this video for tips for making snacks healthy, easy and convenient and some new ideas to change up your daily eating routine.
Here are some snack ideas that taste great, are simple and nutritious:
- whole grain crackers with cheese
- cottage cheese and banana or pineapple
- whole grain toast with peanut butter
- whole grain cereal (dry or with milk) and fruit
- yogurt and berries
- carrot sticks and boiled eggs
- fresh or canned fruits and whole grain muffins