Check out this video for tips for making lunch healthy, easy and convenient and some new ideas to change up your daily eating routine.
Though dining out can be fun and relaxing, it should be a treat rather than routine.
Eating meals at home(pdf) usually results in more milk products, fruits, vegetables and less soft drinks and French fries.
Try these tips for planning quick and easy family dinners.
- Plan ahead – take the time to plan your meals for the week and stick to your list when shopping.
- Try the meal planner at EatRight Ontario to get you started.
- You can also use the Dietitians of Canada interactive meal planner tool eaTracker and check out the planning, shopping and cooking tips and videos.
- Make the most of your time – when cooking make more than you will need for a meal and freeze the rest for later.
- Remember to handle food safely.
- Create family time – eat meals together as a family and use the time to get caught up with your family.