As a Parent, you play an important role in your child’s growth and development. When your child reaches 18 months of age, it is important to ask your healthcare provider for an “Enhanced 18-Month Well-Baby visit”. This new enhanced visit may include:
- Monitoring your child’s growth and development
- Providing the 18 month immunizations
- Discussing safety and nutrition
- Addressing parental concerns
- Providing information about parenting and community programs that promote healthy child development and early learning
- Assessing parent-child interactions and family functioning
- Making referrals to specialized community services for those children identified with potential problems and/or risks
- Recommendation for follow up visits at 2, 3 and 4 years of age
Click here for more information on the Ontario’s Enhanced 18-month Well-Baby Visit.
Click here to follow your child’s growth and development using the Nipissing District Developmental Screen (NDDS).
For more information on child health, parenting and services in Simcoe Muskoka, please contact your health care provider or contact Health Connection by calling 1-705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520 Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., by email or connect with us wherever you are on Facebook or Twitter.