The Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP)
- OBSP offers important advantages for women and their physicians, including recruitment, recall and follow-up and ongoing quality assurance.
- All OBSP sites are accredited with the Canadian Association of Radiologists Mammography Accreditation Program.
- Some OBSP screening sites are affiliated with breast assessment services, allowing timely, coordinated assessment of women with abnormal mammograms.
For residents of Simcoe and Muskoka, the Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) sites in our region are at the following locations:
- Alliston - Stevenson Memorial Hospital 705-434-5158
- Barrie - Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre 705-739-5610
- Bracebridge - MAHC - South Muskoka Memorial Hospital 705-645-3000
- Midland - Huronia Medical Centre X-ray and Ultrasound 705-526-5000
- Orillia - Ontario Medical Imaging 705-326-2244
- Orillia - Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital 705-325-2201, Ext. 3292
Find the Ontario Breast Screening Program locations closest to you. Click here for OBSP locations.
Regional Cancer Programs
With the passing of the LHIN Act in March 2006, Cancer Care Ontario aligned its cancer services to the 14 Local Health Integration Networks or LHINs. The cancer system is organized into 14 Regional Cancer Programs (RCP). RCPs are networks of health care providers, including regional cancer centres, and stakeholders including patient groups involved in providing cancer prevention, screening, and diagnostic and treatment services in the LHIN.
North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN
Simcoe-Muskoka Regional Cancer Program
Stronach Regional Cancer Centre
Local Cancer Supports and Services from the Canadian Cancer Society
Find transportation, peer supports and support groups. Go to Community Services Locator - Canadian Cancer Society
Speak to a Cancer Information Specialist from the Canadian Cancer Society
Submit your questions by e-mail to email@example.com or by completing a request form. You will receive a reply within 5 business days.
If you prefer to speak with someone call toll-free at 1-888-939-3333, Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Materials and educational resources to promote the Ontario Breast Screening Program to women can be ordered free of charge through local OBSP sites. They include presentation materials, brochures, and fact sheets in several languages. Click here to view the catalogue of educational resources and fact sheets.
Download or order publications from the Canadian Cancer Society. Brochures are available in various languages for cancer prevention to diagnosis and treatment.