Some plastics may contain hormone disrupting chemicals like phthalates and/or bisphenol A (BPA). These chemicals may leach into your beverages or food.
- Use glass and stainless steel products when possible.
- Do not use plastic containers or plastic wrap in the microwave.
- When cooking or reheating food in the microwave, use glass or lead-free ceramic.
- If plastic is used for storage, ensure food is cooled before placing it in the refrigerator.
- Use disposable plastic containers as single use only.
Educate yourself about plastics!
Understanding what the numbers mean on various plastic items will help you determine which ones are suitable for reusing and which ones are not.
- Plastics 2, 4, 5 are safest for use.
- 1, 3, 6 and 7 should be considered single use.
To order a copy of this resource call Your Health Connection at 705-721-7520 (1-877-721-7520) Ext. 8323
For more information on child health,
parenting and services in Simcoe Muskoka, please contact your health
care provider or contact Health Connection
by calling 1-705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520 Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., by email
or connect with us wherever you are on Facebook