Don't play 'Wait and See' with your child's development
Children grow and change rapidly parents and caregivers play a big role and can do many things to support their child’s healthy growth and development.
How Do I know My Child is Developing Well?
As a Parent, you play an important role in your child’s growth and development.
- To give you an idea of where your child is at in their development, you can complete the Nipissing Developmental Screen.
- To learn more about your child’s growth and development visit developmental milestones from the Canadian Pediatric Society.
- When your child reaches 18 months of age, it is important to ask your healthcare provider for an Enhanced 18-Month Well-Baby visit.
- To find reliable parent friendly resources, visit the Rourke Baby Record for Parents: Is it normal for my baby to...?
- Parents can and should be their child’s most important language teachers. Check out the Hanen website to see how can you can help your child communicate.
- To learn more about reading with your child, or to find children's reading programs in your community, call your local Ontario Early Years Centre and or library or click on this video link
- Your local community
(Interactive Map Instructions: find services by clicking on Menu. Next choose community services. A list of various types of community services will show up on the left side of the screen, choose the services you are looking for.)
For more information on child health, parenting and services in Simcoe Muskoka, please contact your health care provider or contact Health Connection by calling 1-705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520 Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., by email or connect with us wherever you are on Facebook or Twitter.