For information on what is happening to the body after pregnancy, follow the link: After Pregnancy – Your Body after Pregnancy.
Call your health care provider if:
- Your flow gets heavier rather than lighter.
- Your flow has a foul smell.
- You have flu-like symptoms or an unexplained fever over 38°C.
- The stitches on your perineum open up, drain, or become infected.
- You have pain, swelling, and redness near your caesarean incision.
- The stitches on your caesarean incision open up, drain, or become infected.
- You have redness or pain in the calf of your leg.
- You have a tender, reddened area on your breast that is not relieved by more frequent breastfeeding.
- You have to pee often and it hurts when you pee.
- You have constipation that is not relieved with diet, lots of fluids, physical activity, and stool softeners.
Our website has information on postpartum blues, postpartum mood disorders, sex after baby, caring for yourself with a new baby, and healthy eating and physical activity with a new baby. As well, there is information on help and support for postpartum mood disorders. All of this information is on the A-Z Topics listing.
For more information on prenatal health, healthy pregnancies, and services in Simcoe Muskoka, please contact your health care provider or contact Health Connection by calling 705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by email or connect with us wherever you are on Facebook or Twitter.