The following professional resources and tools are intended for Primary Care Providers to support the assessment, care, and treatment of prenatal patients. This list of resources and tools is provided for your information only. It does not represent a complete listing of all available supports, and it is not intended as an endorsement of any individual or service. The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit does not assume responsibility for services provided by other organizations or service providers.
Primary Care Resources/ Tools
- MOTHERISK www.motherisk.org/prof/index.jsp
- Designed to assist Canadian health professionals to provide care for pregnant and postpartum women experiencing a variety of health issues i.e. morning sickness, drugs, alcohol, nicotine, substance, herbal products, infectious disease, cancer, HIV, other conditions in pregnancy, occupational and environmental exposure, nutrition, folic acid etc.
- 1-877-439-2744 Motherisk Helpline
- 1-877-327-4636 Alcohol and Substance
- 1-800-436-8477 Morning Sickness
- Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.