- All new facilities require an inspection of the vaccine fridge by a nurse from the VPD team at SMDHU
- The nurse will discuss storage and handling practices with the person
most responsible for the maintenance and ordering of vaccines
- Each new facility will be provided free of charge with:
- a copy of the Vaccine Storage and Handling Guidelines (MOHLTC, 2013)
- a hard-sided cooler
- 3 ice packs
- 2 Cryopak insulating blankets
- 2 min/max thermometers (one for the fridge and one for cooler)
- Any additional thermometers requested by the facility are available from SMDHU at $42.00 per unit
- Vaccine must not be stored in a new fridge until it has passed an inspection*
Please contact the Vaccine Preventable Disease Team at 705-721-7520, or 1- 877-721-7520 ext.8806, to arrange an inspection.
*Once the vaccine fridge has been inspected, and the facility has met the storage and handling requirements, vaccines may be ordered through our SMDHU ordering system.