“Let’s Start a Conversation About Health …and Not Talk About Health Care at All” is a short video that highlights health as being about much more than access to medical care. It also illustrates how health is heavily influenced by a person’s social and economic conditions.
The health unit is sharing the video and its accompanying user guide with partners and community members in Simcoe Muskoka to initiate conversations about the social determinants of health and health inequities.
The user guide includes the following sections:
- Five key messages
- How to use this guide
- Daniel’s story—a reminder about health equity
- Communicating a complex message . . . simply
- Challenging common perceptions about health
- Tips and tools for starting a conversation
- Ideas and inspiration for action
- Additional resources
|English video |
|French video |
|English video with narration |
|French video with narration |