One of the easiest, most efficient and least intrusive ways to get employee input is to set up a suggestion box. (You may want to use an electronic suggestion box if you have the capability to make it confidential).
Make sure to:
- promote it to employees both before and during the period it is set up.
- ask for suggestions about Organizational culture, Healthy Lifestyle choices, Occupational Health and Safety.
- emphasize that all suggestions within the bounds of what the workplace can offer will be considered seriously and confidentially.
- make the suggestion box attractive, visible and easily accessible to everyone.
- follow up on all the suggestions in some way — even if it’s just acknowledging them.
Adapted from Health Canada, "Health Works".