Whatever the reason or question, when it comes to your health or the health of your family there is a place you can turn. It's Your Health Connection, the health unit's information service.
Public health professionals are just a phone call away Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p. m. on our Health Connection phone lines. Call (705) 721-7520 (or 1-877-721-7520) to speak one to one with a public health nurse or inspector.
You'll also find some great information and links right here on this website that will help you stay healthy and live longer.
Your Health Unit
At the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit our focus on health promotion and protection, and disease and injury prevention ensures the health of our communities today and for the future.
Health unit staff works with individuals, groups, community partners and coalitions to help people to make healthy choices and changes. The public health programs and services we provide cover everything from active living to dental health, immunization to nutrition, safe water to substance use and much more.
Programs and Services Healthy lifestyles
- Injury prevention, safety
- Active living
- Healthy eating, healthy weights
- Sun safety
- Early cancer detection, screening
- Tobacco-free living, quitting smoking
- Smoke-free Ontario Act enforcement
- Alcohol and other drugs
Parenting, children and family health issues
- Education and counselling on health before and during pregnancy
- Classes for expecting and new parents
- "Healthy Babies Healthy Children" program supporting parents, home visits
- Triple P - positive parenting program
- Let's Grow Screening Centres - child development and screening information
- Dental screening and preventive services for school children
- Dental care for children of low-incomes families and financial assistance for urgent dental treatment.
Infectious disease controls, health hazards and immunization
- School immunization programs
- Vaccines, education and clinics
- Communicable disease monitoring, control and education
- Safe food inspection, education
- Safe water monitoring, education
- Rabies education, animal-bite investigation
- Sexual health (including birth control and pregnancy) and sexually transmitted infection (STI) counselling and clinics
- Emergency contraception
- Anonymous HIV testing
Please click here for more information on Clinics, Classes, Screening Centres, Events and Groups.